Real Techniques Makeup Brushes

Core Collection and Starter Kit

Picture
Real Technique Brushes in
Original Packaging
Real techniques brushes are a middle of road the costing brand. They are definitely more pricey than brushes you would see from E.l.f. (which was the first make up brush set I ever used) or other drugstore brushes for that matter. However, they are nowhere near as costly as some of the higher end brushes at Sephora or Ulta. I purchased these during the back to school tax free weekend in Florida but,unfortunately they weren't tax free. At the Kohl's near me they recently added an awesome makeup section with a Real Techniques station. Kohl's does have beauty exclusions on their coupons for the high end brands but Real Techniques is NOT on that list. I repeat, you can use coupons on these products! Major score!! One of the great things I absolutely love about Kohl's is that you can double coupons on your purchase for almost everything. So when I bought these I had a 10 dollars off of $30 AND a 20% off coupon and got to use both on these brushes!! I bought the Real Techniques Starter Kit and the Core Collection brushes. Both cost $18 dollars each bringing the total to $38.16 with the 6% sales tax where I live. But, with the coupons, it was only $22.05 with tax! So basically I saved almost 43%! 


PictureNow on to the review. I have used E.l.f studio line brushes practically since I started wearing makeup at about 16/17 and I have to say for such a cheap brush set, they are quite great at what they do! There really great for beginners like I was.  However, the Real Techniques is just even better. Just by touching the bristles of the brush, you can distinctly see a difference in quality. Although the E,l,f studio line brushes are somewhat soft but, the Real Techniques are 100 times softer. They feel like an insanely soft cotton ball on the skin. For the core collection, I really loved the foundation, buffing and highlighting brushes. The foundation brush evenly disperses the liquid foundation I use on my skin and it is easy to build coverage with this brush. The buffing brush is fantastic for using powder all over my face. The highlighting brush is something I actually like for blush and bronzer. For me personally, I think it is too thick for highlighting because I prefer a much thinner brush. I was not as impressed with the concealer brush because I like applying my concealer with my hands but it would be great for brows of highlighting the inner corner of your eyes of the brow bone. For the starter kit, I was highly impressed by the base shadow, accent, deluxe crease and pixel point eyeliner brush. These are terrific at their respective name sakes and I believe they create some great looks. I cannot say much about the brow brush because I do not put product on my brows. Since it is angled though, it might be useful for cream or gel liner.  

Here is a tutorial using the Real Techniques Starter Kit
The eyeshadow I will be using is from the L'oreal Colour Riche Eyeshadow line #525 called Perfume ID. I got this at Ulta when it was BOGO 50% with a free tote bag and I had a 20% off coupon!
Picture
Here are some swatches
Picture
First, I put on my primer which is the E.l.f. eyeshadow primer (only $1). Next, I used the base shadow brush to apply shadow #1 all over the lid
Picture

PictureAfter, I took shade #2 and applied to the crease using the deluxe crease brush.





I then took shadow #3 to the lashline and applied it with the pixel-point liner brush
Picture
Lastly, I took the accent brush and applied shadow #4 in the quad to my browbone and my tear duct 
Picture

Picture So that's it! These brushes are a totally catch! I hope you enjoyed this review. Make sure to buy these on sale or with coupons otherwise they could be a little pricey! One fantastic addition to the brushes is the convenient travel case available that will definitely help with moving into my dorm!
Leave any comments about what you think or anything you would like me to review!
P.S. I learned from a salesperson at Ulta (where I bought the eyeshadow) that they are manufactured at the same place the Armani eyeshadow are so they're practically the same quality! Which is incredible!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.