DIY Dorm Room Decor

Some nice additions to elevate my bland room

I was introduced to acrylic paint this summer by my sister (who is a fellow UCF knight) and I have to say it is absolutely fantastic! For a beginning crafter such as myself, it is easy to manipulate and dries very fast (only up to 10 minutes and sometimes within mere seconds of application). To beautify my future dorm room, I decided to create some accent pieces that will help to create the blue, gray and white theme I am after. One of these pieces was a small wooden box I found in the target section for 50% off! Yay savings!! Which made it a whopping 50 cents. Chump change, am I right? Unfortunately, I don't have before and after photos but, both wooden pieces were a standard light tan wood color.
Picture
This little beauty will be on my desk to hold things like post it notes, paper clips and binder clips. 

Another great addition to my dorm room is a wooden shower caddy! This actually was part of a gift set I received from one of my friends a few birthdays back and I have always wanted to re-purpose it!
Picture
This project cost me around $2 because the small flower box cost 50 cents and the blue, grey and white acrylic paint cost 50 cents each from Michael's (these sales occur frequently so keep your eyes open for them). 


I hope you enjoyed this post and please comment any questions, concerns or about any projects you tried like this!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.