September 2014 Ipsy

In case you haven't heard, Ipsy is one of the most popular makeup subscription companies ever and it's only 10 bucks a month. Major score! This month had the inspiration of street style. I received 5 items in my bag this month. There were two full size items which were the Hikari Lipstick in Cabarnet and a Pacifica 7 free nail color in Red Red Wine. The other free items are considered deluxe sample sizes and they included Nourish Organic's Moisturizing Cream Face Cleanser, Mitchell and Peach English Growers Luxury Hand Cream in Flora No.1 and finally, Be a Bombshell Cosmetics's Smooth Criminal Powder. BONUS: My sister also subscribes to Ipsy and gave me her deluxe sample of Pacifica's Natural Minerals Eyeliner in Gun Metal. This bonus was actually really awesome since it matches the bag the products came with!
Here is this month's bag:
Picture



Picture
Here is all the products together! I am a first time subscriber this month but, I am absolutely in love with this months! I feel like they matched me pretty well with what I like to use normally! Now onto the reviews (ranked least like to most liker)!! 




Picture The Mitchell and Peach English Growers Luxury Hand Cream in Flora No.1  is a standard white hand cream that on the website claim  "This easily absorbed hand cream contains Vitamin E, shea butter and English honey to soften, nourish and protect the skin." I honestly don't feel it does. A second after application, it does feel nourishing but one it sets in, the cream leaves a dry feeling on my hands. This was definitely my least favorite of the bunch.


Picture
The Nourish Organic's Moisturizing Cream Face Cleanser claims it "gently washes impurities without irritating." It definitely lives up to the claim! My skin felt very refreshed after one use. The only thing is that my skin is acne prone so I prefer to use a cleanser with salicylic acid (which is a key ingredient in fighting acne). So, I probably won't be using this cleanser very often. 


Picture The  Be a Bombshell Cosmetics's Smooth Criminal Powder claims it "Apply alone or over foundation. Helps minimize the look of fine lines and pores for a flawless finish." This powder is awesome over foundation (I, personally, haven't used it alone). It mattifies without looking cake-y and it provides a "flawless" finish". The only thing I didn't like was how small the product is (that's a size 6 ring for reference) but, it would be completely awesome to travel with because the Rimmel Stay Matte Powder I have is gigantic and too bulky for travel!

PicturePacifica 7 free nail color in Red Red Wine is a very deep red. This color is quite different for me but I am so happy I got it. I typically go for blues, pinks or bright reds. But since it is now officially fall, I thought I would try this out and I was absolutely blown away by this nail polish. It is incredibly fast drying and has a clean, non streaky finish. I would not wear this color year round but, it will add some much needed diversity to my nail polish collection.


PicturePicture  The Hikari Lipstick in Cabernet claims to be a "Long-lasting, vivid lip color [that] defines your lips with a variety of colors to choose from.   Our flawless formula increases wearability and stays on for hours on end!" This is by far my favorite product in the bag! It meets all the claims and the color is absolutely stunning. It lasted me an entire school day even after eating and drinking. This is probably the product I would actually repurchase at full price which is $13.00.

PictureLastly, the BONUS. YAY! The Pacifica Natural Mineral Eyeliner in Gun Metal. I actually do not have a silver/gray eyeliner so this was a great addition to my makeup collection. I found this eyeliner to be very easy to apply and gives off a great color with just one swipe. 






That's it for the September 2014 Ipsy Glam Bag! Did you beauties subscribe or are thinking about subscribing? What products did you get! Check back weekly for updates and don't forget to comment any questions or thoughts you had about the post!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.