November 2014: Give it a Shot or Not?

I have a growing makeup up collection and it is getting worse. So, to counter this, I am going to try and give some products a shot or throw them out. Here are the products I am considering:

The first is the Covergirl Ready Set Gorgeous Concealer. I like the packaging on the product because it is simple and easy to use. The concealer however, has super light coverage and the lightest shade was a little too warm toned for me. I think if you were looking for a highlighting concealer this is the perfect product for you. For that reason, I am going to keep it for my night out with the girls or special occasions in which I want to have that great contouring effect. 


The +Sephora Enchanting Eye Palette is something I literally just forgot I even had. I am SO glad I found this because it is awesome! The shade range is great! There is a mix of matte and shimmer shades in which you can create soft day looks and smokey night looks. The pigmentation is fantastic and the shades feel soft and buttery, I will definitely keep this one.

I honestly don't know why I bought this. What was going through my mind was probably "I need to be more adventurous with my eye looks". No. Just No. I love these L'Oreal Colour Riche Eye Shadow Quads (this is in Brazen Bold, fitting right?) but, this is just not my thing. These are pigmented and soft but, there is a lot of fall out. I will keep this because of the pearl and purple color because I do love it. I will try to use the bright gold and teal but, I doubt I'll use it much. Basically, my plan is to get a z-palette so I can de-pot my singles and clear up some space.

BLUE! I love this Flower Beauty Shadow Play Eyeshadow Quad in Blue Lagoon is very pretty. I love the shades and the pigmentation is great. The one thing is that these have some great fall out. But, if you can get past that, these are really easy to blend and create a great day or night look.

Another hidden treasure! The +COVERGIRL Smoky Shadowblast Cream Shadow is fantastic (if you can't tell yet, I love blue). This is incredibly easy to use and doesn't require any primer. It will last all day and is incredibly easy to apply. I will definitely use this!



The +Sephora Single Eye Shadow in Ballet Shoes is really pretty but, HOLY Fall out! The glitter in this bad boy goes everywhere on your face! I will not keep this because I honestly just can't use it. The Essence 3D Irresistible Mermaid Kiss is also blue (I know I have a problem). This is a fantastic looking product. The left side (lighter blue) is raised and actually is "3D". The pigmentation is pretty good and the shadows feel soft. I think this is a great topper to the Covergirl Shadowblast.

Nope. I will already tell you that I am not keeping these Sephora Cream Smoky Eyeliner. These were awful. They started drying out after the first use. They are incredibly hard to use and not easy to apply. I only spent $3.00 on this because it was on clearance and I still feel like I wasted my money. The swatches below were an incredible pain in my behind to create, Just stay away from these!


This Revlon Bronzer in Sunkissed Bronze is incredibly gorgeous. It is a great tone for my skin! It has a little bit of glitter but not a great amount. It has more of a sheen to it than anything else. I don't know why I have used this more often! Definitely a keeper!

The Wet n Wild Lipsticks (the $1.0 ones) are really hit and miss. I like the pigmentation but they are not long wearing at all. Even after only an hour, you can see them disappearing. The packaging also is really cheap. The far left one (514 A Cherry Frost), the lipstick itself keeps sliding up and down and it will not lock in the all the way down space. The tip actually smashed into the top of the clear cover. Now, these are super creamy and won't dry your lips but, I feel like there are better options. I will keep 502A Dark Pink Frost and 508A Black Orchid because I litterally don't have any similar colors. Even if I have to reapply, these are perfect fall and winter shades.

Shades Left to Right: 514A Cherry Frost, 502A Dark Pink Frost, 521A Fuchsia with Blue Pearl, 552A Just Garnet, 508A Black Orchid.
What do you think? Should I have gotten rid of more or less? Is there somethin you liked that I didn't? Comment down below!

Follow me on: 
Twitter:girlvcollege
Instagram: girlversuscollege
Google+: Melanie "GirlversusCollege" Elizabeth
Pinterest: girlvcollege
Bloglovin: Button on top left column of this page














0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.