ELF Haul Part 2: Lips

I did a a haul on +e.l.f. Cosmetics website during their 50% off sitewide sale and I went crazy. This part of the haul is all about lip products. I got some basic must have from the +e.l.f. Cosmetics and some newer introductions. Here they are:
The first product I got was the Lip exfoliator. This was literally the first product I added to my cart because I knew I needed to try it. It smells literally like brown sugar and looks like a combination of brown sugar and cream. The first time I tried it, it was fantastic. It was very moisturizing and made my lips super smooth. The next few times I tried it, I noticed the creamy part started to depreciate and the product felt more gritty and harsh. I found that if you lick your lips first, the product will be way less harsh. I still love it though and I feel like it is definitely a product I will use quite often.


LIPSTICK!! The E.l.f. moisturizing lipstick was something I really have wanted to try for quite a while. After trying these for quite a while, I found that the name lived up to the product. These are extremely creamy and feel great on the lips. For the light shade which is Party in the Buff, I found that it looked patchy on my lips. I don't know why because the others (Pink Minx and Rosy-go-round) didn't give this appearance. I have tried exfoliating my lips. putting on a balm and a liner to see if this would help but, it still hasn't. For me, I was disappointed because I know how much some bloggers and youtubers rave about it. The Pink Minx shade, which is a classic soft pink, was amazing. I loved the pigmentation, it stayed on for about 5 hours before I needed to reapply and it made my lips feel hydrated. The Rosy-go-round, which is a classic red-pink bright lip color, was very similar except I felt I needed to reapply more often. For only $3.00. these lipsticks are worth a shot.
This is by far my favorite lip product out of the bunch. The Elf Matte Lip Color has a fantastic packaging. I love the smaller stick size because it is much easier to control the application and you will be less likely to color outside the line. The packaging also comes with a built in sharpener (you take off the color bottom of the packaging) to keep the point sharp. The product itself is great. There is no shine and the color payoff is great. I found them to be creamy and not drying. I got tea rose (bottom), Coral (middle) and Praline (top). The only thing I don't like is that there are only 6 shades in the line. I plan only buying the other 3 when they run the site 50% again.

The last product I got was the Elf Lustrous Liquid Lipstick. This shade is Pink Lemonade. It really is a liquid lipstick By that, I mean it is very pigmented and not sticky or really glossy feeling. It has a more creamy texture. You can wear this alone or on top of an actual lipstick. I love pairing this with Rosy-go-round. One thing I will say is you have to twist this for quite awhile until product comes out and there seems to be a lot less product than I thought. But, at only $1, it is very easy to restock.


Well, that's it for the lips part. The face part of the haul is coming up soon. Have you tried any of the Elf lip products? What's your favorite? What's your least favorite? Any must haves I should get? Comment done below! 
Follow me on: 
Twitter:girlvcollege
Instagram: girlversuscollege
Google+: Melanie "GirlversusCollege" Elizabeth
Pinterest: girlvcollege
Bloglovin: Button on top left column of this page


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.