Ulta Haul 2015

I had this haul awhile back and just never got around to putting it up! Anyways, Ulta had a 20% off coupon for platinum members and I took it upon myself to buy some palettes and things I have been wanting!


The time I purchased, there was a free fragrance sampler with a $25 purchase. It came with basially every fragrance that is very popular right now to try out. I, personally, love fragrance samplers because you never know if you truly like a perfume until you try it for a few days and see how it lasts after awhile. This sampler came with Gucci Guilty, Michael Kors, Daisy by Marc Jacobs, Daisy Dream by Marc Jacobs, Dolce & Gabana Light Blue, and Prada Candy. Quite a nice lot of the most popular scents.



I'm a sucker for Lorac Cosmetics and I have been eyeing this ever since Lorac launched their Spring 2015 line. This palette is sooooo springy and I absolutely love the shades, These blushes are pretty nice to work with. There are two matte shades and two shimmers. Plus, it comes with a full sized lipstick in Girl Next Door!


Here is the outer packaging!That GOLD though! So pretty! They really should make all their lipsticks in that color!


The blushes are so great for any time of year! My personal favorite out of the bunch is the bottom right called Unimaginable. It is the prettiest coral shade with a nice shimmer to it. I liked both Underrated and Unashamed because of the nice matte finish that allowed for a nice topping of highlighter and gave a nice natural flush to the cheeks. For Unapologetic, I think it is a better bronzer for my super pale skin than it is a blush which, is not a pale thing at all because if I'm traveling with this palette, I will have tons of options to choose from with my look, 


Bottom to Top: Underrated, Unashamed, Unapologetic and Unimaginable 

For the lipstick, I am not the biggest fan. The color is a nice pink and the matte finish is great but, it is soooooooooooooooo drying on my lips. The only way to make it kinda work was super hydrating with my carmex and eos lip balms but, otherwise it felt mostly dry which makes me so sad just because of how pretty the packaging is!

Girl Next Door

I am not, nor have I ever been and expert on contouring! Therefor, I have never sprung for the very expensive contour palettes just because I have no idea how to use it. When NYX released this palette, I really was excited to try it because it was $25 compared to the $40+ some of these other companies are offering (plus NYX goes BOGO 50% all the time). To go with this palette, I picked up a Real Techniques sculpting brush (love the pink color).


As always, Real Techniques is super soft, durable and preforms very well. I found this to be really good for carving out the hollows of my cheeks and creating a nice, sculpted look.


This is a fantastic product for the price! All of the shades are proving to be nicely pigmented and buttery soft. There is a nice range of highlighting shades with a shimmery white, a sheen-y cream, a yellow banana color and a nice peachy, nude shimmery highlight. Great range for all skin tones. The bronzing/contouring powders are a nice mix of warm and cool tones which, are really nice to have. Now that it is summer, I am in love with using the warm shade on the bottom left for bronzing up the skin (especially for a foundation that is too light for me).



Top Row from NYX Contour Palette

Bottom Row of NYX Contour Palette


What do you think of these Ulta finds? Anything you have been eyeing lately??

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.