October 2014 Ipsy Glam Bag Review

It's that time again! Ipsy review time! So I got my bag pretty late this month which made me sad but, the bag alone totally made it worth it! Here's what it looks like:
 I love the teal color and the quilted design reminds me of a candy bar (the theme was candy glam this month)! I got 5 products this month but, only 1 is full size, which was super disappointing. The one goo thing about not having all full sized products is that I can add some items to my travel bag. Here are all the products together!
 I got this fancy named exfoliate in my bag that has 1 ounce of product. I actually do like this product. It cleaned my pores very well and left my skin feeling incredibly soft and cool. The value of this sample is $9.70 and the full size is $32 for a 3.3 ounce size. This seems super expensive for just a exfoliate so I don't I'll purchase this item.
 This is such a better product than last time. The Figs & Rouge Rose Berry creme is awesome and actually leaves my hands soft and smooth instead of dry (which last months did). The scent is very floral but, it is not overpowering and poignant which is what I want in a hand cream. I am disappointed about getting two hand creams in a row so hopefully I don't get another one next month. The product value is $6.56 for this 20 mL size (it is a UK product so it isn't in ounces) and it looks like the company doesn't sell this product anymore and you have to get it through a secondary retailer. I don't like that this is a discontinued product because if I wanted to buy it from the retailer, there would be nothing like it left. 
 Out of all the products I received, this is literally the biggest disappointment. This is a Nicole by O.P.I product in Feeling Very Cherry. I got literally the exact same color last month. Yes, this is a fall color and yes this is super pretty, but seriously, I girl can only have so much nail polish. This polish is going to find itself a new home because I prefer the Pacifica version better. The Pacifica is not only a vegan product, which is super awesome on their part, but also, it is SUPER fast drying. Nicole by O.P.I is still a good nail polish brand but, Pacifica is just better in general. This product is $5.97 at Walmart.
 This ModelCo Volumeyes Mascara is actually really suprisingly great. For a sample size mascara, it is quite big and has a fantastic brush. The brush provides great last separation and volume that last all day. It is a great size for a travel bag and you can't go wrong with a nice black to define your lashes. This product is actually fresh on the market so it is fun trying something new. This product has a maybe $5.00 value (there really wasn't a specific amount on the retailer's website). The real thing cost $20.00. This is a good mascara but, I don't think I'll shell out that much when there are great drugstore ones for much less (I recommend Covergirl LashBlast). 
 The last product I got was a Starlooks Lip Gloss in Guilty Pleasure is an awesome nude pink with a great shine on it. It is actually pigmented enough to be worn a lone. This sample is TINY at only 0.3 fl oz.but, it is very convenient for travel which is probably when it will be used most. I'm guessing the value is around $4 because the retailer doesn't have the size posted. A full sized product cost $12. At this point, I wouldn't pay that for lip gloss because high end companies like Lorac have super awesome holiday 2014 value sets where you get 6 lip glosses for only $25 (which is less than the drugstore) and they have a great range from pinks to reds.






Overall, this bag had a $31 value for products which is quite good considering it only cost $10. If you would like to sign up for Ipsy, here is a link to do so: Well, that's all for now. It's been a great month for me and I can't wait to see where this blog goes! I hope you will +1, leave a comment and follow me on Google+, Pinterest (girlvcollege) and Twitter (@girlvcollege). You can send me an email at girlversuscollege@gmail.com. Next up will be a MASSIVE E.l.f haul so definitely stay tuned! 



p.s. I might or might not have a giveaway coming up soon so stay tuned!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.