Pinterest Finds: Success or Fail? Makeup Brush Cleaning

So I thought I would try a new series on the blog about trying some interesting things on Pinterest. I'll kick this series off with Makeup Brush Cleaning! I have been in the market for a good brush cleaning but I have not been wanting to pay $10 for only a few ounces. So the only thing left to do was search through Pinterest of course. I came across this interesting pin about cleaning brushes with only Olive Oil and Dawn Dish Soap. Here is the original pin by Liz Marie. Basically, you add one part olive oil and one part dish soap in a bowl, swirl your brush around and wash it off with water. But, does it work? Lets find out! Here are my brushes beforehand:


Step one: One part Olive Oil and One part Dish Soap

Step 2: Swirl your Brush in the Mixture
Step 3: Rinse the Brushes Under Warm Water
Step 4: Let the Brushes Dry Off

The Ruling:



SUCCESS
Literally the most clean I have seen my brushes since they came out of their packaging. You could really tell it was working too because I saw the color on the tops of the Real Techniques Brushes turn back to the original white instead of the beige color they were from the foundation and powder for the Face brushes. I think this will be the best way to clean my brushes because it uses ingredients I will always have in the my pantry. What do you think? Will you try this or have you tried this? Sound off in the comments!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.