September 2014 Beauty Favorites

It's the BEST Time of the Month
From my experience as a beauty lover and constant researcher of the best and most effective beauty products, I find monthly favorites super helpful. For me, monthly favorites means something you will reach for almost daily because it works really well and it just is an all around great bunch of products. So this month, I decided it was time for me to round up some of the products that were a staple for me so here they are:

 The first favorite of this month is Revlon's Super Lustrous Lipstick in 825 Lovers Coral with a Shine Finish ($4.99 at Target). It is a gorgeous warm coral that is sheer when first applied but can definitely be built up into a full color. I found this color was perfect for an end of summer, early fall color. It lasted all day with only on reapply after eating. The downside is that is really won't fit into a fall/winter wardrobe since it is a summery color. But...... Revlon has a WIDE range of colors and finish in their Super Lustrous line so it would not be hard to find a lipstick to work into your fall makeup must haves.
 The next item on my favorites list is the Revlon Super Lustrous Lip Gloss in 255 Kiss Me Color ($4.99 at Target). What's a lipstick without a beautiful matching lip gloss for a night out with the girls? This is a perfect match for the Lovers Coral lipstick. A funny thing I might add is that I found the lip gloss to be more pigmented than the lipstick. So, if you want an all day, high pigmented color then this combo is just right for you. The lip gloss is shiny when first applied and the high shine will last for a few hours after applying. Even when the shine fades, the color is still there making this an absolutely well worth purchase!
 The Sephora Outrageous Volume Mascara was actually an impulse of mine. The price, regularly is $15 a piece. But..... wait for it..... it was part of a three piece set a while back in which I also got a Sephora Black Eyeliner Pencil and Glitter Liquid Eyeliner all for $15 so it was basically only $5. For Sephora, that's a steal! I am so glad I did purchase this because it is absolutely stunning. My lases look instantly fuller without any clumps or spidery lashes. I definitely wouldn't recommend purchasing this at full price because there are better mascara for much cheaper. If you can get this in the kit, which may pop up at Christmas time, it is for sure worth it.  
 The Rimmel Scandaleyes Waterproof Eyeliner in 005 Nude ($4.49 at Ulta) is the best waterline eye pencil a girl can have. It is the perfect color to put on your lower eyelid rim to make you look more awake and alert. For a girl in college like me who runs on very little sleep, I can use all the help I can get. This also makes a great rim liner rather than a black one because I, personally, have found that black liners on the lower lip make the eyes look smaller and the overall eye look too dark even if I only have a nude shadow on. So instead of a black liner, I reach for this nude one daily. Although it is a little pricey for a standard kohl eyeliner pencil, Rimmel always puts $1.00 off there products in the paper and the run bogo 50% and 40% at Ulta all the time so it is rare you should ever have to pay full price (Ulta also has $3.50 off of $10 for the drugstore brands so you could pick up some other products at the same time).
 The next product I want to talk about is actually not available in stores anymore (sad face). It i the Maybelline Color Tattoo Metal Collection in 65 Gold Rush ($5.99 at Target). There is a similar one in the regular Color Tattoo line that is called Bold Gold but, I believe this product has a less metallic finish. I love this product because you NEVER need a primer. It can also be used as a primer if you want to put a match shadow on top or combine a few shadows to make an awesome look. Since I am a UCF Golden Knight, this shadow is perfect to show off my school pride. I love wearing this shadow to football games because even in the incredibly hot Florida sun, this shadow stays right in place. It is one of the best products I own!

 For us college girls, we want to look our best without overdoing it. The Maybelline Dream Fresh BB 8-in-1 Skin Perfecter in Light Sheer Tint ($7.19 at Target) can do just that. It evens out redness and provides a light coverage with acne and other skin imperfections. If you are expecting a good coverage of imperfections then a BB cream is not for you. If you want something to give your complexion that little bit of extra greatness for a quick run to the store, shopping with your besties or heading out to that looooooong lecture than you will not go wrong with this product. It is just an absolute win from Maybelline!
 I noticed while writing this blog that Maybelline has dominated the favorites this month and I must say it is quite alright. They are a tried and true makeup brand that hasn't failed me yet. This next product seems like a underrepresented product for Maybelline. In the blogger world, I haven't seen anyone really review it. But, that's not stopping me! The Maybelline Mineral Power Naturally Luminous Blush in Original Rose is such a beautiful blush for us pale girls! It is not overpowering for the skin and adds just enough color to the cheeks without looking like a clown. Because of my light Irish skin, it is hard to find a blush that won't look too dark for me even if I only add barely any. This product is just perfect for me. It is long lasting and doesn't flake off or fade away. The pigmentation is great. The one downside is that the product wouldn't be great for traveling because it is a loose powder. But, I'm sure you could find a similar one in the Dream Bounce blush line.
Well, that's all for now. I would definitely appreciate any and all feedback. Tell me in the comments what you would like to see next. What are your monthly favorites? Did you try any of my go to products for this month? Thanks for reading and see you next time!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.